5th August 2011
Illegal Immigration is NOT good for anyone: Businesses Beware: say 4A Law’s Immigration Lawyers!!
If you are employing illegal immigrants or are working at a restaurant without a valid visa ….Then watch out… UKBA’s immigration officers are about.
Kenny Chapman, who heads the UK Border Agency’s local immigration team for the South West, said:
Our officers are carrying out regular raids targeting immigration offenders across Devon and more are planned.
UKBA are continually carrying out raids in all areas of the UK. 4A Law Immigration lawyers have discovered that recent spate of raids in London and the South East of England have resulted in several arrests in the following locations:
• Saffron, on Queen Street, Newton Abbot Restaurant – 6 arrested
• Ginco wholesalers Cash & Carry at Greenford, West London – 7 arrested
• Jaan on Oxford Street, Woodstock,- 2 arrested
• the Café le Raj in Horse Fair, Chipping Norton, – 4 arrested
• the Café Le Raj on Reading Road in Henley-on-Thames – 3 arrested
• the Twickenham Tandoori on Church Street in Twickenham – 5 arrested
4A Law can advise employers that it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure that staff have the legal right to work – which means that staff must have the right visa. Businesses are at risk of being fined £10,000.00 for EACH member of staff found to be without the correct paperwork and permission.
If you are unsure whether your ‘potential’ or existing employees have the right to work legally in the UK contact 4A Law’s immigration lawyers for advice.
You must be logged in to post a comment.